There is a lot of noise on the web about picky eating and lots of potential ideas about how to resolve it. Some are helpful and some can be detrimental.
All families and all children are different so what works for one person is not necessarily going to be a success for another. It also depends on how old our child is, how long the problem has been evident and why our child struggles to eat.
This is one of the key things we do:
- Cut through the chatter and give you some pretty black and white answers as to which strategies are relevant and which to avoid.
- We also show you how to gently apply these strategies in your house with your child.
- We talk you through meal by meal ways to approach food and feeding.
- We look at how we can increase nutrients within a child's limited diet.
- We suggest ways to put the joy and relaxation back into food and meals for everyone.
Anyone who works with us will go away having a very clear idea as to what will work and where to expend energy. They will also understand what to avoid and why. This means that as a parent you are confident you are doing the best you can to support your child's eating (and that of any siblings following).
If you're not sure whether your child would be a fit please get in touch. We work with families who have "failed" food school, who haven't seen progress after referrals from the GP or who have a very limited diet.
We also work with a lot of families where there is just something "not quite right" about the way a child approaches food and the parents can see this but are unsure as to what to do.
We're always happy to have an initial chat to see what the issues are. Please get in touch if you'd like to make 2019 the year when you tackle the big eating challenge!
Usually it's not as difficult or as overwhelming as you're expecting. Much of what we implement is a positive for the children too (honestly!!).
Judith is passionate about good food and is even more passionate about enabling other people to enjoy the wide variety of fresh food available today.