If we want to make changes to how our child eats I always recommend school holidays as a good time:
- less overwhelm. Our child has less additional stuff going on.
- less stress. Being at school/Kindy can put a lot of pressure on our children. To perform, to fit in, to achieve.
- less tired. During term time our children can get really overtired.
- less routines. Often the other commitments like swimming lessons go on hold too. This gives us more time (plus see points above!)
- we can often have more input into what's going on. When our kids are gone for 5-7 hours many things are out of our control.
For all these reasons change can be less challenging for our child during holidays - and we need all the help we can get :)
I'm happy to have a chat to any parent who is ready to make a change.