I have seen parents achieve some incredible things and often, given my day job resolving picky eating, this is in the food sphere :)
Often all we need is some guidance, some confidence and a toolkit of strategies to use.
That's what I love doing! Giving you the tools so you can go away and make things happen for yourselves. It is not about creating a dependency on me and my advice, but the opposite. I want you to know how to do this on your own.
What I want you to go away with is:
- A plan. Knowing where you're going and how to get there
- What language to use. Language makes such a difference!
- Approach. How to approach mealtimes and food and feeding to maximise chances of success.
- How to teach the kids to try foods. There are ways that we can do this that are gentle and supportive. Even for those fussy kids who will not try anything!
- Strategies for expanding the variety eaten. How to move from crackers and toast to other foods.
- The ability to host mealtimes that are pleasant for everyone.
- An understanding of your child's eating and how to make food rock for them.
The severity of the issues determines how quickly and easily we can resolve them! Often, if you are having some challenges but they are not long-term we can turn things around remarkably easily.
I ran a workshop for a mother's group and within 2 weeks the host had her 3 year old's breakfast down from 1 hour's duration to 20 mins. He had also added two vegetables to the foods he'd eat for dinner!
If you'd like to have an initial discovery session to determine what program would suit your family, please get in touch.
Judith is passionate about good food and is even more passionate about enabling other people to enjoy the wide variety of fresh food available today.