That's something I hear all the time. And no, it's not because I'm the world's best conversationalist ;)
I am often just the first step in resolving eating issues for your children.
Reasons parents take so long to talk to me:
1. They feel that their child's eating will get better.
2. They don't want to put emphasis on the eating, concerned that it will get worse.
3. They are worried that their child's eating issues are too dire to resolve.
4. They know their child is growing fine and has lots of energy so what they eat is not a huge problem.
5. They don't have the time and energy to commit to anything else.
Reasons parents should get in contact!
1. I offer a no obligation, no cost initial call. It's often really cathartic to talk to someone about an issue as emotive as this.
2. Children's eating patterns often worsen rather than improving. Bad habits form over underlying issues.
3. We can work with children with very, very limited diets and make progress. Every step is a good step.
4. Eating a very narrow range of foods can be very limiting over time, not just from a health but also a social point of view.
5. I am a busy, working parent so get that time/energy is limited. However, resolving eating issues often creates rather than taking up time. One family meal anyone?
If you've been listening in for a while but haven't been sure whether you should get in touch, take it from not just me but everyone else - you should :)
Judith is passionate about good food and is even more passionate about enabling other people to enjoy the wide variety of fresh food available today.